Remedial sessions are conducted to help struggling learners shore up their basic skills. This extra support can help them catch up to their peers. These sessions are designed to close the gap between what a student knows and what he is expected to know.
These remedial programs
1. Are research-based, using proven teaching methods
2. Teach step-by-step without skipping over content.
3. Are conducted at the student’s pace.
4. Offer regular reviews and practice exercises to reinforce learning and practice applying new knowledge
5. Include a way to assess what the student has learned and whether he’s ready to move ahead
6. Teach your child the material in a different way from the way he was taught the first time around
7. Offer small group instruction to provide for more individual attention.